River Forest Yachting Centers of Stuart, FL and LaBelle, FL are specialty boat storage and service facilities providing discriminating boat owners with secure long-term boat storage and complete mechanical service solutions. RFYC is seeking a full-time Marine Mechanics or Marine Techs to work at our Stuart, FL and LaBelle, FL locations.
Operating under the direction of the facility Manager; the selected individual will work directly with staff, service providers, and a “High-End Clientele”. The desirable candidate will possess the following skills and abilities.
- 3 years minimum of marine mechanical experience with boats from 30’-75’ in length
- Knowledge in the following areas is required: running gear; diesel engine service; electrical systems including 12v, 24v, 120 ac and 250 ac; fresh and raw water systems and air conditioning a plus
- Professional demeanor and appearance required
- Self-starter and professional team player
- Able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced professional environment
- Strong work ethic and a desire to make a long-term commitment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, basic computer knowledge
- Organization skills & problem solving abilities
- Attention to detail; resourceful and solution oriented with a strong sense of urgency
- Reliable means of transportation and valid driver’s license required
- Ability to lift 30 – 50 lbs.
- Work in an upright standing or sitting position for long periods of time
- Handle, finger grasp, reach and lift objects and packages
- Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written word
- Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/buildings as required to meet the job functions
- Complete all required forms
- Ability to work extended hours and some weekends based on project requirements
- Ability to respond to emergencies in a timely manner
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
DISCLAIMER: This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules and duties.
- High school diploma or equivalency
River Forest Yachting Centers is a drug-free workplace. A drug test is required to complete the application process.
Interested candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No Phone Calls or Agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time Monday through Friday 7am to 4pm
Salary: Hourly pay rate based on experience and skills
- Health and Dental program
- Competitive wages
- 401K & 401K Matching
- Select Holidays off with pay
- Paid time off (sick/vacation)