Our commitment to excellence starts with our team. We are committed to a collaborative environment to better serve our customers. We are looking for people of all ages and backgrounds that are passionate about their trade and career in the marine industry. If you’re interested in joining River Forest Yachting Centers, simply fill out the contact form and one of our team members will get in touch with you. Join our team today!
Scroll down for more information about our RFYC Marine Mechanic position.
River Forest Yachting Centers of Stuart, FL and LaBelle, FL are specialty boat storage and service facilities providing discriminating boat owners with secure long-term boat storage and complete mechanical service solutions. RFYC is seeking a full-time Marine Mechanics or Marine Techs to work at our Stuart, FL and LaBelle, FL locations.
Operating under the direction of the facility Manager; the selected individual will work directly with staff, service providers, and a “High-End Clientele”. The desirable candidate will possess the following skills and abilities.
- Skills and Abilities:
- 3 years minimum of marine mechanical experience with boats from 30’-75’ in length
- Knowledge in the following areas is required: running gear; diesel engine service; electrical systems including 12v, 24v, 120 ac and 250 ac; fresh and raw water systems and air conditioning a plus
- Professional demeanor and appearance required
- Self-starter and professional team player
- Able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced professional environment
- Strong work ethic and a desire to make a long-term commitment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, basic computer knowledge
- Organization skills & problem solving abilities
- Attention to detail; resourceful and solution oriented with a strong sense of urgency
- Reliable means of transportation and valid driver’s license required
- Ability to lift 30 – 50 lbs.
- Work in an upright standing or sitting position for long periods of time
- Handle, finger grasp, reach and lift objects and packages
- Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written word
- Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/buildings as required to meet the job functions
- Complete all required forms
- Ability to work extended hours and some weekends based on project requirements
- Ability to respond to emergencies in a timely manner
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
DISCLAIMER: This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules and duties.
- High school diploma or equivalency
- United States (Required)
River Forest Yachting Centers is a drug-free workplace. A drug test is required to complete the application process.
Interested candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No Phone Calls or Agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time Monday through Friday 7am to 4pm
Salary: Hourly pay rate based on experience and skills
- Health and Dental program
- Competitive wages
- 401K & 401K Matching
- Select Holidays off with pay
- Paid time off (sick/vacation)
Call today to discuss your Yacht Storage, Service & Sales or RV Storage